We are currently in the process of recruiting a treasurer to our volunteer Board of Directors.
Given our current Board participation, preference for upcoming Director appointments would be given to candidates demonstrating leadership, expertise, and experience in:
- Accounting and financial planning particularly with a CPA or equivalent designation.
- We are seeking interest from individuals that would be willing to serve as Treasurer.
- Fund development practices, donor and volunteer relations and connections for ongoing and capital fund development.
- Facility development and property management, and related activities including real estate, contractor and capital management.
- Public relations, media and marketing strategy, stakeholder engagement,
We are reaching out to a number of Professional Accounting firms based in Sherwood Park, Strathcona County. This is done in hopes of soliciting some interest by individuals capable of fulfilling the Treasurer role. Please assist us by circulating this request. Attached is a broad Director level position description that outlines specific competencies and attributes sought for any of our Board positions.
Any individuals who may wish to help volunteer / support A Safe Place and be considered for a Board role are welcome to forward their name, contact information, and a brief expression of interest along with a short resume to email@example.com. Any questions may be directed to the noted email address or to our Executive Director at 780-464-7232.