When in doubt, consider a financial gift or the donation of gift cards. Financial donations provide the power of choice and ensures we meet the most urgent client needs. Consider gifting a one-time or reoccurring financial donation online here: DONATE TODAY!
In Kind Gifts
Many of the women and children arriving at A Safe Place have few or no personal belongings. We accept some basic supplies and gifts to make them feel at home and to remind them how special they are. Because our needs change, please contact us to arrange a donation. View Our Wishlist
Your gift of new or gently used housewares, bedding, and small appliances provide a fresh start to an individual or family starting over. Supported entirely by donations, and lead by a team of dedicated volunteers, our New Beginnings program provides clients with a layette of household goods to get them started in a safe, new home of their very own. View Our Wishlist
To arrange a donation, call our Administrative Office at 780-464-7232 or send us an email.
How you can help us:
The DO’s and DONT’s of donating …
- DO call or email. Our needs change from time to time. Call to find out how what’s needed most.
- DON’T come to the shelter. Residents need privacy to feel safe. Staff at our Administrative Office (located at 1008 Village Drive, Sherwood Park) can assist you.
- DO make an appointment. Our small but mighty team needs a heads-up. Please call to arrange a drop-off time: 780.464.7232
- DON’T be discouraged if we can’t accept a donation. Our space, like our team, is small. If we can’t accept a donation, we will do our best to connect you to a partnering community agency who can.
- DO remember that new is best. Depending on the nature of the items being donated, we may only be able to accept new items.